so below is a collage of our first little week of summer.
so, from the top, left to right!
1. this is a mud fight that happened in the span of 10 minutes. it was amazing, in so many ways.
2. the girls painted on a real artist canvas with my real acrylic paints & we learned about abstract art. it went great, so long as I was in total control of the amount of paint being used. enter, excessive 4 year old.
3. this I had to share, from karis’s last day of her little morning out class. she won Best Helper Award. I’m pretty stinkin proud. and yes, I’ve maximized on that already around the house. thank you, Mrs. Amy.
4. I may have served 10 of our 15 meals outside this week. sure, there were some beautiful picnic days. but mostly so i wouldn’t need to sweep the kitchen floor.
5. do you see a yellow paper puppet in the corner? that’s Jesus, the star of the girls’ impromptu puppet show they put together. they recreated the story of Jesus praying in the garden, while His disciples fell asleep. then the Roman soldiers came & Peter chopped off one of their ears which Jesus then healed. then followed Jesus carrying the cross to the hill, being crucified, and the women crying. it ended with puppet people telling Him to come down off the cross, if He really was God, and He saying He had to obey the Father. it was surprisingly very detailed and factual. and quite entertaining, especially when Jonathan tried to do it.
6. Emmett bought a truck with many pennies saved over many months’ time. we were happy for him. and us. but mostly I was happy to have something to haul around mulch, rocks, plants, wood, and other random fences and roadside finds. . . hmmm…you think he’d want a great, reliable Sienna minivan??
7. nothing says true friend like a boot filled with water on your head.
8. he’s actually a great strawberry picker. for the first 15 minutes, after which he just wants to throw rocks into the nearest body of water.
9. yours truly.